Michael C. Robinson
Experienced professional with a unique combination of project management, product development and application development. Effectively leader of cross-functional project team through the various phases of a project life cycle and communicating with all levels of management. Industry background in retail, wholesale, telecommunications, manufacturing, energy and transportation upon which to draw. Having held technical and managerial roles I have a good appreciation for the needs of both and can communicate and explain complex topics effectively.
Data Engineering Architect / Applied Data Scientist
- Development of tools and techniques that efficiently move IIOT data between platforms and supports creating business analytics insight.
- Built a serverless datalake to ingest and expose data for analytics.
- Implementation of object detection application.
- Mentoring and sharing of knowledge gained within the company.
Marketing Technology – Data Engineer (1.5 years)
- Managing data stewardship within the organization and ingestion into the big data environment.
- Facilitating data cleansing and enrichment through data de-duplication and construction before publishing to data science team.
- Performed ad-hoc data extraction and deep data analysis using python and spark.
- Develop, modify and support self-monitoring quality checks of data using defined business rules utilizing python and spark processes.
- Act as SME and project manager for data analytics initiatives
- Extraction of data from REST APIs and ingestion into big data environment.
Initiatives: Data engineering and analysis within the Hadoop environment for marketing activity data using python and spark.
Other Career Highlights:
- Sr. Technical Project Manager: eCommerce platform implementation; health and wellness platform integrations ( 5 years )
- New Product Development – Wireless Industry ( 4 years )
- Architect/Developer – eCard platform and architecture. Java/LAMP ( 3 years )
- Middleware/mobile application developer & sales engineer: C/C++ ( 2 years )
- Project Management Officer – Retail Propane Industry ( 2 years )
- Natural Gas Pipeline Software: Team leader: C/C++ Application developer ( 2 years )
- Retail Industry: Sr. Programmer/Analyst: C developer. Implementation of Labor scheduling application and rules based data transfer application over satellite network. ( 2 years )
- MIS/Telecom Manager: Modernized Account Platform ( 1.5 years )
- Information Systems Designer Telecom Industry: C Developer for manufacturing automation application ( 2 years )
- Languages: Python, Java, C/C++, Bash
- DBMS: MS SQL Server, Hadoop & MySQL, Redshift
- Edge Computing: Raspberry Pi
- Operating Systems : UNIX & Linux, Windows
- Machine Learning: Computer vision with Tensorflow, sklearn
- Industry Platforms: OSIPi,
- Messaging: AWS SQS, SNS, Kinesis and MQTT
- Master of Business Administration – Finance, Our Lady of the Lake University
- Master of Science – Computer Science, Oklahoma City University
- Bachelor of Science – Management Information Systems, UNC – Greensboro
- Graduate Certificate in Project Management – Avila University
- System and method for a remote wireless ringer ( 7945292 )
- System and method for a wireless ringer function ( 8145277 )
- System and method for in-patient telephony ( 8237551 )
- System and method for telephone based noise cancellation ( 8300801 )
- System and method for ringtone shuffle ( 8145278 )